"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Online shopping extravaganza!

Happy Thursday lovelies! I hope everyone has fabulous Labor Day plans. I am literally counting the hours until I can be North Carolina bound and reunited with my school loves! It has felt so odd already not to be attending classes and seeing my college friends every day, so this weekend will be wonderful. I am going to keep this post short and sweet as I have a lot to accomplish before I leave the office.

Like many new college graduates, I am currently living at home with my mom. While not usually the most desired living situation, I am lucky to have a fantastic mom who is one of my best friends, so I really have no complaints. I am thankful she is keeping me while I get on my feet in the new job and search for apartments closer to work. I have discovered, though, that the combination of not having many expenses yet and getting consistent paychecks for the first time have combined to heighten my already existing addiction to online shopping. Ever since I started reading my very first fashion blog, College Fashion (which is still my favorite), and learned about online sample sale sites such as Hautelook, Rue La La, Ideeli and Gilt I have found myself scouring the pages of great fashion scores daily. Usually I would just enjoy looking and get inspiration from the outfit pairings shown. Lately, however, I have been indulging in a lot more purchasing. But with these prices, it is hard to resist! With the exception of one item, I have only bought pieces that I can wear to work, since that is where I spend the majority of my day, and this has helped me to justify my purchases to myself! I am planning on starting outfit posts soon, so hopefully you will be seeing many of these pieces featured in future posts, but for now here are a few pics of my most recent buys.
This is the one non-work item, but I absolutely could not pass up this adorable Betsey Johnson dress. The pink, ruffles and flower detail were screaming my name! And considering it was marked down 75% from retail price, it was a friggin' steal!! I think it is a great date dress...now all I need is a date!


I have already shown you this ann taylor loft military jacket before, but now I am showing it to you as the newest addition to my closet! When this beauty went from $80, to $35 (with the 40% labor day sale discount) I stopped salivating and digitally snatched it up!
When this MICHAEL Michael Kors camel printed pencil skirt went on sale at Rue La La this morning, I knew it was fate, considering I had just blogged about wanting to add animal print to my wardrobe.
I really love the pencil skirt look for work and I have been craving some plaid lately, so again, this MICHAEL Michael Kors chocolate pleated skirt was right up my alley!
I bought this Calvin Klein dress a few weeks ago and I am totally in love with it! I wear it with a wide black belt under the bodice to give it a little more shape.
I think now it is time to give my wallet a rest... at least until I do a few more freelancing jobs!

What are your favorite recent purchases? Do you do a lot of online shopping or do you stick to store purchases? Everyone enjoy the long weekend and keep me updated on your awesome lives!

Bisous!

(Images from ruelala.com and anntaylorloft.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...